WHAT WE BELIEVE
Rightly dividing the word of truth
1. We believe in the one true and living God, the Father, and in His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ who indwells the believer by the Holy Spirit. We believe that God is the Creator of all that exists, that He is invisible, personal, omnipresent, eternal, dependent on no one, immutable, truthful, trustworthy, almighty, sovereign, omniscient, righteous, holy, good, loving, merciful, long-suffering and gracious.
2. We believe that God’s Son died at Calvary to bring about propitiation, reconciliation, redemption and atonement for all mankind. God bore testimony to His acceptance of His Son’s work by raising Him from the dead for our justification. He ascended to the right hand of His Father and is enthroned in glory, where He intercedes on behalf of His people and rules over all things for their sake.
3. We believe that the Holy Spirit was sent from heaven to glorify Christ, to draw people to Him, to apply His work of salvation by indwelling all believers, granting them assurance and increasing likeness to Christ, thereby building up the Church and empowering its members.
4. We believe that God created our first father Adam perfect, holy and upright. Adam sinned, and as the representative and head of the human race, brought upon himself and all his offspring death, condemnation and a propensity to sin. Therefore, it is completely beyond the power of fallen mankind to have a saving knowledge of God, to truly love God, to keep his laws, to believe the Gospel, to repent of sin or trust in Christ.
5. We believe that God so loved lost sinners that He sent His Son into the world, conceived of the virgin Mary by the Holy Spirit, unchangeably sinless, born under the Law to live a perfect life, “that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”
6. We believe that God, before the foundation of the world, for His own glory chose men and women to eternal life as an act of free and sovereign grace. This election was in no way dependent upon any works or merit of the individuals. We believe that the elect are justified in the sight of God on account of the imputed righteousness of Jesus Christ which is received by faith alone.
7. We believe that Almighty God in His amazing goodness “has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness” in the sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments which is the Word of God. All Scripture was “given by inspiration of God”, is infallible and inerrant, and is sufficient in all matters of faith and practice. Its authority is derived from its Author and not from the opinions of men.
8. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ will come again to raise those who sleep in Jesus and to change the bodies of those of His who are still alive at that time. Together they will reign with Christ on the earth for 1000 years during which the peoples of the earth will live under the judgement and righteous authority of God’s King. Thereafter comes the final judgement of all who have rejected Christ.
9. We believe that a visible local church is a collection of baptised believers who have covenanted together under the discipline of God’s Word. We believe in the necessity of baptism by immersion on a profession of repentance and faith in Christ in order to enter into church membership.
10. We believe that the local church is under the authority of Christ alone. A local church is overseen by its elders/pastors and deacons. Church members gather in love to worship God, encourage each other, for prayer, supplication and giving of thanks, and to partake of the word of God in teaching and preaching. They also unite around the Lord’s Table in remembrance of Him. We believe that true fellowship between churches exists only where they are faithful to the Word of God.